Friday, May 1, 2009

Tsuen Wan


Woke up relatively early for a holiday and had my usual breakfast from McDonalds.  I did a decent amount of studying today and thus rewarded myself with an afternoon out to Tsuen Wan.  I was there for Chinese New Year but did not walk around the area.  I remember in 2006 I went and it seemed quite busy so I decided to head back over there today.  Got a decent amount of studying done on the mtr ride over there.  When I got there, I hit up the nearby plazas first.  Got a Hello Kitty coin purse thing and then went wandering the streets for some food.  First thing I saw was the egg balls =]  Delicious!  I went down to the streets and looked down one of the streets, the next thing I saw was bubble tea.  There was a crowd of people around it so I figured it must be good and got in line.  The name of the place is quite funny, its called ComeBuy.  


The tea had a really good flavor and they used small bubbles rather than the bigger ones.  They put alot in there so that even at the end of the drink, there were still lots of boba.  I walked the streets with nothing really interesting to buy. I stumbled upon a place that made wo teet.  Of course I couldn't help but get some! It was 5 for $11hkd.  Absolutely delicious! 

Some more shopping plazas later I came up on this....


The first thing I noticed was the colorful bottom row and so I took a closer look.  I was really surprised at the bottom left corner which appeared to be some sort of mutated Peep.  Next to it were pastries shaped like apples, corn, and pears.  There were two different fillings so I got an apple and a corn.  The peep one was a little too creepy for me.  



Inside the corn one was lotus seed. Inside the apple one was red bean paste.  

And then as I was walking back towards the town center, I spotted Maple. I love that store. Seriously.  I bought a dress, a skirt, and a shirt.  Oh and I got a ring that looks like a question mark.  lol.  Random, but for about $22usd for all, im lovin it.  

Was thinking about heading back to school at this point when I passed a really pretty walled park.  I absolutely love parks for some reason.  And i'm a real sucker for the ones that have water and fish inside lol.  I'm retarded. I know.  



It was starting to get dark at this point so I just make a quick round in the park and then continued heading back to the mtr station.  That is when I saw this!



I had no idea what it was, other than it looked damn nice.  I went inside quickly and pointed and told the lady I wanted one.  I still don't really know the name of it, but for $8hkd all i need to know is that it is Deeeelicious! 

Okay so then after this it was about 8 and I really really needed to go home.  But once I stepped into the mtr station, I saw this...


Best creampuffs everrrr.  I got the custard one for $13hkd. Soooo delicious.   Kay for real after this I got on the mtr and went home.

And for real now, I have to revise notes. =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment