Friday, May 29, 2009

Tai Po Adventures

Went to Tai Po today to visit the Kadoorie Farm and Botanical Gardens.  I actually woke up quite late and had a late breakfast at LG1 with Kurt and his friend.  Didn't leave school until past noon though.  I took the MTR to Tai Po Market and then 64K towards Yuen Long West.  I wasn't really sure where to get off and I passed this little place that seemed to be interesting.  I hopped off the bus at the next stop and walked back.  It turns out that is where the Wishing Tree is.   Some old lady came up to me and asked me if I wanted to write down my wishes and pray and what.  At first I said no cos I didn't want to buy the paper but then I figured it was only $5hkd each and I may as well have some fun with it.  It wasn't until after I bought the paper and wrote down my wishes that the lady told me I had to buy the insense to go with it which was $60hkd each... So handing her $120hkd, I followed her as she showed me how to do the prayer.  She then had another lady do the second one and told me to tip her.  I handed the lady another $20.  These wishes better come true.  I just paid $20USD for it lol.  





Afterwards, I realized that I had not yet gone far enough to reach the Kadoorie farm so I hopped back on the bus and kept going.  I actually missed the stop but I figured the stops before that were quite close together so I would be able to walk back from the next stop.  It turns out that the next stop damn far away at the bottom of the windy hill.  I somehow made it back up alive and paid my $10hkd to get into the farm.  There were reptiles, birds, and lots of plants there.  I was much surprised to see Davin and his roommate there as well. I mean, of all places to see somebody, you would not expect it to be on a mountain, in a park, in between Tai Po and Yuen Long.  










There was an aviary with alot of Black Kites and various species of owls.  Most were injured somehow and rehabilitated here.  They are permanent residents of the aviary because they are not able to be reintroduced to the wild.  



We tried to walk to the top where there was a Kun Yum temple but we did not make it there before the park closed.  The park was alot bigger than I expected it to be and there were alot of small trails to the side with gorgeous scenery.  Mosquitoes were killer though.


Took the 64k back to Tai Po Market MTR and then headed towards Mong Kok for a night of shopping... bought three pairs of shoes -___-" and lots of gifts for people at home. My hand hurt from carrying stuff back to hall. 

Packed as much as I could into a suitcase.  Will have to bring this home to Tai Koo and switch it out for an empty luggage.  Its going to be interesting.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment