Saturday, May 16, 2009

Squid Fishing








Spent the morning in the library yesterday, not very productive.  Gave up around 4pm and decided to head down to Sai Kung early to have a walk.  I haven't been to the Sai Kung town center since the beginning of April when I went to play war games.  They had some decorations this time and there were some primary school students doing some sort of play inside the stage set.  

I ended up buying two shirts there for really cheap.  Then I went to have dau fu fa and tong yuun at a place called Just-A-Dessert.  I've had it before and its really good. 

 I saw a guys fishing from the sidewalk and he caught a two foot long eel.  It was pretty scary. The thing had a huge mouth and the guy was screaming at people to stay back because it would bite.
  


 Met up with YP, Todd, Li Xiang, Desmond and company.  The boat was really damn cool.  We got on the upper deck which was open and a nice view.  The ride out to sea was only about twenty minutes but we got plenty of retarded pictures in during that time.  After we stopped, the boat turned on the lights and we grabbed our gear to start squid fishing!  Surprisingly we did not need to use any bait.  It was simply a line with a jig that was white in color.  The color and the light from the boat is enough to attract a bunch of squid.  


The squid itself was only about three or four inches in length.  The first one I got squirted a bunch of ink in the water when I hooked it.  It then proceeded to squirt some more ink on my hand as I tried to free it from the hook.  Its really very pretty and I felt really bad after I caught it.  I wanted to throw it back in the water but it was already too late... :(

Here is our result of 23 people fishing for four hours lol.  A small plate of squid with 23 mini squid on it.  Sadly, it was the boat owner's wife who probably caught half of them haha.  

It tasted really good!


After we alighted in Sai Kung again we came across an ice cream truck.  Phillip, Joe, and I were talking about the differences between American and HK ice cream trucks.  HK ice cream trucks are really damn delicious.  Even though they only have three or four different kinds of ice cream to serve, the creamy deliciousness is irresistable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment