Sunday, April 12, 2009

War Games


I was really apprehensive at the start of the day. I got up early and browsed some pictures on facebook of friends going to these and started getting scared haha.  I got panicky as I met up with Todd and took the bus to Sai Kung.  Todd told me it was really really painful, Tony told me I was going to die.  I was terrified.  It was $260HKD for the whole day 10am to 5pm including lunch and rental of clothes, mask, gun, and ammo.  The first stage was in the woods.  I got more mosquito bites than hits.  The first round was us against another team.  The second round was us defending the flag.  The next round was much better because there were no mosquitos.  The area was cleared and there were lots of large crates scattered.  The third area was even better as it had makeshift houses you could go into.  Lunch was "acceptable" according to my scale of food ratings.  I ate most of the rice and potatoes but the splinters chicken bones kept jabbing my mouth.  Onto the next round!  The next area was probably one of the best.  They had us set our guns to single shot.  The place looked like a CS game and they had a fog machine to keep things interesting. I kept getting owned by the guy in the blue shirt on the other team.  Although I did kill quite a few off in this area.  The next stage was with tires and the one after that was massive and similar to the second with lots of crates.  The final area was probably the best because they put real cars in it.  There were makeshift buildings with windows and back doors and of course a fog machine =P.  It was a good day. Definitely want to do that again.

After leaving the Gulf War Area, Todd and I headed back to Sai Kung town center to grab some food.  I had dau fu fa with tong yurn.  I love dau fu fa. Then we walked around, ended up missing our bus and buying some dan ta, hung dau bang, and cream puff.  I love Hong Kong food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment