Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grueling Tuesday

Its always great to start off the day with a delicious breakfast here. Canadian breakfast from the cafe is only $18 and comes with toast, beans, bacon, two eggs over easy, and a milk tea. Seriously, how much better can it get?

Well there is that mushroom omelette that comes with hash browns and milk tea for $16... but that will have to be for tomorrow.

No mgto class today, thank god. Really, not the world's most thrilling lecture. Did some work on the group project over a lunch hour and then hit the library for another hour or so before stat. I actually understood what was happening in stat today... until the first hour passed and then he started going at hyperspeed, covering 10 slides in about 15 mintues. I gave up and started fiddling with my super asian four ink pen.

I was planning on hitting up the library again for a bit before heading out to Kowloon but a classmate reminded me of the ridiculous amt of people who would be traveling on the MTR at that time. I decided to head out and stop by Causeway Bay to look for my roommate before heading to do the volunteer project in Kowloon.

We had this amazing ridiculously delicious Japanese buffet. No pictures right now because it was a spur of the moment decision, but no worries, my roommate and I are planning on going back sometime soon. I bought a decent pair of headphones for $10hkd.

I headed over to Kowloon and was completely confused and lost for a while. The prof called me and didn't seem too happy but I eventually made my way to the center about 10 minutes late. We met some really incredible people who have been through a ridiculous amount of stuff. There was one girl who hit her head when she was young and had brain damage. It has taken her years and years to recover but she has made a great deal of progress. It is very difficult for her to remember simple things but for her introduction she managed to give us all of the dates of her history of her disability.

I got paired up with this old lady who is the oldest in the rehabilitation center. She is 72 years old and has had one of her kneecaps replaced. She has pains in her other one and so will be replacing it soon as well. She is super energetic and happy to talk to us. Even though she is 72 years old, she is going to classes right now to learn how to do massages. She has to memorize the 206 bones of the body and the names and functions of each one. She is also learning about the pressure points and how they can help relieve pain and stress. Classes are from 9-6pm but she rushed over to Kowloon to meet us. She can actually understand my Cantonese! hahaha. She studies by writing the names of the bones on tiny pieces of paper and sticking them to a bracelet with big beads. Then she can always look at them and review them. New study tip! =P

But anyways, she has exams and such throughout March which is pretty much the same as me. I told her I would call her on April first to set a day where we can go out and do some stuff. She has an event in April after she has learned everything she gets to demonstrate her massage techniques on friends and family.

Its pretty cool to see people doing these things. It reminds me to not be such a lazy ass.

Its 2:40am. I am going to sleep. SO much studying to do.

gnite.

No comments:

Post a Comment