Tuesday, March 24, 2009

21.

I'm 21. 

I never really liked birthdays.  I always thot that they were a bit awkward. When I was younger, I was never really that excited to have bithday parties but it was my parents actually who insisted I have one every year.  I always felt like 03.24 was just another day.  

My 21st started off with an unknowing visit to the seafront cafe.  My roommate had been talking about the tong shui all night and I figured I would join her for some.  My studying for Elec210 was not very productive either.  As we walked towards the cafe, I first noticed the group of classmates from my 210 and 152 class.  I thought that they had gone home for the night as we had an exam the next day.  As we entered, I saw the group of exchange students from Singapore and the US that we had been hanging out with.  I had not seen many of them for quite some time since midterm season was upon us.  
It took me a few seconds to realize that they had all gathered here to surprise me for my birthday.  I know everybody had tons of papers, projects, and exam but thank you SO much for coming out last night.  You all have really made my 21st a memorable one.



A special thanks to my roomie for organizing all of it! :-D And for the massive tofu that she got me! :-D

 
The world's happiest electrical/electronic engineers. Seriously.

These kids stayed up until 2am with my roomie and me despite our looming stat exam that we had the next day.  I'm still working on my HK English accent =P.  Its getting there.  


We are learning Tonyspeak.
Singaporean = Singaporprean = Sang ga Poly yun
Yi Pei = E-Pay = eBay = eBanking = eBranking = eBlanking

The morning started off with some hardcore studying.  Could barely get up but I somehow managed to drag my butt over to the common room.  Just as I had sat down, I got a call for delivery of flowers! 18 pink roses. <3>

The 210 exam was NOT easy. Silly TA lied to us. We were all confused afterwards.  After a nourishing therapy meal of McDonalds Shake Shake chicken and Shake Shake fries, I attempted to study for Sosc166 which is tmrw.  Didn't get much done, but I doubt I'll actually be in danger of failing the class. 

1 comment: